Gortite X-Y Face Shields
Gortite® X-Y Face Shield Assemblies are multi-axis covers for machine tools or any other application needing multi-axis protection. Vertical (side or wall) or horizontal (ceiling or floor) applications in many different environments, including industrial and pharmaceutical, are just some of the many possibilities for this application. Depending upon your application, Gortite® X-Y Face shields can utilize a number of different methods for each axis. Stainless steel shade, elastomer coated belting or Steelflex® can be used in conjunction with a spring roller. Gordillo (bellows with steel plate) or sliding steel plates can be used instead of a roller. The spindle can use a custom cutout, molded wiper and/or a bellows. Multiple Roll-Up covers or sliding plates cover the two main axis, while a ram wiper or bellows can be used for a third axis.
- Supplied fully-assembled or in kit form with operating and maintenance instructions
- Designed with ease of installation and longevity in mind
- Can be supplied painted to meet current industry standards
- Wipers to clean debris and fluids from the surface of the shade
- Mounting arrangement to suit the customer's needs
- Speeds of 3000in/minute (76m/min) or more
- Accelerations up to 1g or more
Variety of x-axis side wipers are available:
- Molded Polyurethane
Gordillo™ covers are Thermic-Weld® or Sewn-Folded covers that have stainless steel plates attached for applications in the machine tool or welding industry.
Gorplate is an innovative system of stainless steel plates and monofilament connections resulting in a light weight cost effective system to protect linear rails, ways and machine elements from damage.
Shade rollers are an ideal solution for applications that require a protective barrier but do not require the complete seal of a bellows cover.