A & A Manufacturing Company was founded in 1945 and specialized in developing products from synthetic coating and fabrics. In 1949, we began to concentrate our engineering and manufacturing energies on developing flexible protective covers for the machine tool industry. The techniques we developed in the early application of elastomer coated fabrics evolved into today's highly recognized line of dependable Gortite protective covers.
Today you'll find Gortite is a manufactuer of bellows, type covers for cylinder rods and shafts, actuating screws, machine ways and linear rails. Other uses include flexible connections, expansion joints and camera bellows. The industries we serve have expanded to medical and dental equipment, photographic equipment, material handling and packaging machinery, plastics machinery and transportation vehicles.
In 1967 we added Steelflex® metal walk-on-way covers and Telaflex® metal telescoping way covers for protecting ways on machines with heavy chip loads. More recent additions to the Gortite line include Lasertube metal telescoping tubes for use with laser beams, and a variety of custom and stock way wipers and wiper blades for OEM and replacement applications. Multi-axis face shields and bellows for articulated buses and light light rail vehicles complete the product line.
The Gortrac Division of A & A Manufacturing Company, Inc. manufactures custom engineered solutions for cable and hose carrier systems. Gortrac was founded in New Berlin, Wisconsin; home to our corporate headquarters, and where we developed and manufactured their first steel products in the mid 1970's. In 1986, a manufacturing facility was opened in Valparaiso, Indiana to meet the demands of new regions and new industries. Gortrac continues to grow, and maintains a network of customer service representatives nationwide.
- Gortite: Bellow manufacturer of rubber bellows, telescopic cover, door actuator and more.
- Gortrac: Cable and hose carrier manufacturer
- Gortite Doors: Roll up doors, emergency vehicle step, hose bed covers.
- Polyclutch: Manufacturer of miniature slip clutches including small engine clutches and one way clutches
- LSI: Manufactures precision ball screws and rolled thread ballscrew assemblies.
- Ro-Lab: Rubber Molding and rubber compounding manufacturer and rubber formula testing services.
- Halltech: The market leaders in way wipers, bellows, roll-up covers and Alu-profile covers, in Germany and all over Europe.
- MFB-Technik: Our company, located in Germany, produces movement elements and bellows for machine protection.